Saturday, August 17, 2013

Headed Home

It is unbelievable to me that my Dad pulled out of that downward spiral. He gets better each day. Today, they had him off of the Levophed and his kidneys are working. They have started weaning him off of his ventilator, and are planning to extubate him in the next few days.
I have to get back to the kids. Marek has been running solo all week with the first week of school. I can't imagine the mess I am walking into. It may be a long week. While I've managed to continue fitness training in Florida, I have missed a whole week of MMA training and the test is bearing down on us. Soooo much curriculum, soooo little time. I'm sure KJN Gary will have me ready by September but as I have said before, I don't want to just be ready. I want to be stellar.
It has been a weird week. I have reconciled with my half-sister after 5 years of silence. I appreciate her willingness to put it behind us and I have had to forgive and forget that she threatened to sue me over our Grandfather's trust. Oy. I can't say that I trust her, but she is married with 3 kids under the age of 5 which is "punishment" enough. She has grown up a lot and I think she sees things in a different light. I do too.
My stepmom is still my stepmom. We get along fine. I look at her and think how tragic her life has been. Without even knowing the potential she had, she chose to stay with my Dad long after I told her she should leave him. I left him instead. She stayed. I'm pretty sure I'm better off.
I miss my kids and our life. Marek and I have forged an incredible partnership to raise two amazing kids and have amazing lives. I am grateful for this as I know what my life could have been when I look at my half-sister. Family keeps us humble and grateful.
This has no bearing on my opinion of TSA. I swear it stands for "Terrorist Search Association." I got searched because I had ankle weights in my bag and a half eaten jar of almond butter. "It's a gel," the agent told me. Not feeling humble or grateful. I feel like I want to spinning backfist the dude. Good thing they make us promise to use what we learn in class "constructively and defensively," although I could probably make a pretty good case for the "defensively" caveat. Better just to get on the plane and go home.

No comments:

Post a Comment